Clean Giant Tiny Forum Shrinkingman.com

our facebook group --(right click to open)

Follow us on twitter at ShrinkingMan3

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2013 12:16 am  #11

Re: What do you like in a G/T story?

I have always been fascinated by stories of adults shrinking and being captured by kids.  The reversal of power is I think what I find so interesting.  Like suddenly having parents being kept in a drawer or a cage by their own kids, and I know many kids would take advantage of that situation because for them it would be so much fun.  I think even if the kids in the story aren't necessarily mean or cruel, just suddenly being bigger than an adult would give them a power trip.  Just like it is true in schools today that sometimes the smaller kids will get picked on, imagine how hard it would be for most kids not to take advantage of the fact that they could completely dominate a shunken adult.  I think this is especially true for boys because they are so competitive.

Also, as was already mentioned, the whole idea of how for the shrunken person suddenly so many normal things would be dangerous or threatening, including normal sized people.  Who do you trust?  Like in LAND OF THE GIANTS, the biggest threat for the Earth people was being captured by the giants.    

4/12/2013 9:57 pm  #12

That's definitely an interesting theme, having shrunk people captured by kids. Especially since kids can be impulsive, it's a thrill ride even if they're usually nice.

4/14/2013 8:00 am  #13

I don't like when the giant doesn't hear/see the tinies, I like a lot of giant/tiny interaction. It just feels to me that if the giant doesn't notice the tiny person, that the story shouldn't even be written.

5/08/2013 4:14 am  #14

I like interaction!  Mainly I like the whole gentle giant aspect where they need to be more cautious in there motions.  My favorite movie is Iron Giant so I prefer a giant in a society of normal sized people, but mainlly one-on-one interaction.

Size differences seem to vary a lot in stories.  I'm fine with shrinking or a borrower type story where they were just born that way, but shrinking or being smaller than an inch I never quite understood.  Personally I don't like under three inches.  No real interaction that way

I have to say my favorite concept is the idea of the smaller being picked up.  The amount of trust, and colossal-ness being taken in.  Now not all that are picked up wanted to be, but the whole bringing to eye level, and examining and/or conversing.  I just love that.  Or when the giant kneels down to be more on eye level. 

5/09/2013 9:33 pm  #15

This is really fun. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/smile.png
 I like hearing other peoples' ideas of what makes a good story.

MarylandGiant wrote:

I don't like when the giant doesn't hear/see the tinies, I like a lot of giant/tiny interaction. It just feels to me that if the giant doesn't notice the tiny person, that the story shouldn't even be written.

Here's where we're totally different. I love unaware scenarios. There are so many more obstacles to overcome when no one knows you're small, and trying to contact the giant is half the fun for me.

Angel729 wrote:

...being smaller than an inch I never quite understood.  Personally I don't like under three inches.  No real interaction that way

I like different sizes depending on what I'm writing. Lots of interaction usually gets 2 or 3 inches, but if I want to spent more time on a giant world I'll go smaller.

I do agree on holding. I love when that trust is built.

8/06/2013 5:39 pm  #16

I love misjudged gentle giants. I especially love it when the giant is also a tad bit mean-looking or animal-like, but is a total coward or a complete pushover. The bigger and scarier, yet kinder the giant, the better.

I also love big roly-poly giants. Not morbidly obese giants, but soft and cuddly-looking ones. Who wouldn't want to cuddle up to a big, plushy, warm giant? I generally like my roly-polies under 50', but depending on the character, I could go a little bigger. 

I don't do violent/mean/dominating giants often. Only when the character is relevant. If you want to win me over for a roleplay, do gentle giants.

I <3 Gentle Giants

8/21/2013 6:17 am  #17

smallerandsmaller wrote:

I have always been fascinated by stories of adults shrinking and being captured by kids.  The reversal of power is I think what I find so interesting.  Like suddenly having parents being kept in a drawer or a cage by their own kids, and I know many kids would take advantage of that situation because for them it would be so much fun.  I think even if the kids in the story aren't necessarily mean or cruel, just suddenly being bigger than an adult would give them a power trip.  Just like it is true in schools today that sometimes the smaller kids will get picked on, imagine how hard it would be for most kids not to take advantage of the fact that they could completely dominate a shunken adult.  I think this is especially true for boys because they are so competitive.

Also, as was already mentioned, the whole idea of how for the shrunken person suddenly so many normal things would be dangerous or threatening, including normal sized people.  Who do you trust?  Like in LAND OF THE GIANTS, the biggest threat for the Earth people was being captured by the giants.    

I like it more the other way round: The older ones being the giants. Makes the power-difference even more extreme and obvious.

9/14/2013 12:24 am  #18

My absolute favourite theme is unaware. At the size of an ant, or smaller, the main character finds what once were friends and family are now gigantic, merciless behemoths. 

A person who is normally a nice, generous person. Perhaps a hard-working father, that is an all-around nice guy but when looked at from the perspective of a tiny bug he becomes this careless giant that doesn't even fathom the little world crushed by his huge stomping feet.

I love the sudden change of realities that goes with such a situation, that the shrunken character suddenly has to face. Their saviors are also their greatest enemies.

9/22/2013 6:36 pm  #19

I like it when the girl is huge.

9/25/2013 12:40 am  #20

@Crow:  Pff, where have I heard that one before?   Anything specific about giantesses?  I'm genuinely curious if there are people out there who legitimately like them for more than just the obvious fetish thing.....  :/

Anyway, hello.  I'll just say that, guh, I definitely don't like those sadism stories.  I'm a fan of those tales of trustbuilding and friendship!  And stuff like that!  \o/  I should probably admit that I'm primarily drawn to warm fluffy stuff about gentle giants, though at times such stories tend to go a little too far with the warm-ness and fluffy-ness.  Like....there's too much trust, too soon?  And it feels kinda awkward?  Something like that.  O_o

For whatever reason, I have an aversion to most shrinking/growing stuff.  Usually.  Not entirely sure why.   Guess I'm a purist?  :P  Though there was this one story on the old shrinkingman site (that HAHA, I don't even remember what it was called or who wrote it) that had something to do with this guy who was shrunk by this lonely (I think?) and not-very-friendly young boy and then being kept in a dollhouse that I remember liking for some reason, despite how it had the shrinking and wasn't my typically favored kind of G/T stuff (*cough* M/f *cough*).  It was interesting though.  Guess it depends on the writing.  XD

Uh yeah.  As for size.......yeah I'm not good with any specific measurements.  X3  I think I like it when the small person is "thumb-size".  Certainly not smaller than that since.....well.  Smaller giants/bigger tinies are nice too, where the smaller person is the size of a small child.  Why?  Because HUGS.  :3

wow, I'm sure gonna regret posting all this in the morning

EDIT: Har.  Yep.  Feelin' that regret now.  Apologies for not contributing anything substantial to this thread.  >_>

Last edited by BlahDeBlah (9/28/2013 3:40 pm)

Board footera