Clean Giant Tiny Forum Shrinkingman.com

our facebook group --(right click to open)

older stories (but not from past few yrs)......
pictures

New : Follow us on twitter at ShrinkingMan3

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2015 8:06 pm  #11

Re: tiny winged person

Reuben grumbled to himself as he climbed to his feet and finally turned on the light above the sink. He was lucky, if he had been only a few inches farther forward, he would have whacked his skull against the counter when he fell. As it was, though, he only had bruised knees, so he thought nothing more of it. 

Sighing and running his hands through his long hair, the big man turned to open the fridge. The fall had thoroughly woken him up, so when he spotted movement above the fridge, he stopped short. Did this place have bugs? He hadn't seen any so far, but the landlord had also said that all of the lights worked. They might have been... mistaken about other things as well.

Oh, no. What if it were a mouse? Reuben wasn't afraid of mice, but he had never dealt with one before. Was there just the one, or did they always come in swarms, like ants or cockroaches? Reuben didn't think he could handle killing one.  

Figuring that he had better catch the hopefully-not-a-mouse before he could decide what to do with it, Reuben opened one of the cabinets and grabbed an empty jar. He wasn't sure if it was big enough to hold a mouse, but it was better than nothing. 

5/03/2015 9:48 pm  #12

Karma watched as the human headed for something dangling from the ceiling, only it be momentarily blinded when the lights came on. She was used to dark settings, not sudden changes of light like this. It took her a second to get her vision back, seeing the blurry images of that human getting closer to the fridge. She stayed still as her eyes focus, seeing him going for the cabinet. 

What the heck was he doing? She watched him quietly as he pulled something out, making out a clear glass jar. It didn't take long for her to figure out what that meant. "Shoot." She barely said to herseld, quickly jumping up and speeding out of the kitchen when his back was turned. She might have been a risktaker, but there was no way she was going ot let herself get caught. But still, a little excitment never killed anybody... right?

I'm probably listening to music at the moment, so scream really loud so I can hear you.

5/04/2015 12:39 am  #13

When Reuben turned around just in time to see a flash of light zip out of the room, he panicked slightly. Oh, Lordy, it was a bug. A big bug. A big, glowing bug. Some kind of firefly, maybe? He had heard of mosquitoes that grew to the size of hummingbirds, so why not fireflies as well? He didn't really know much about bugs, so anything was possible in his mind. 

Okay, now he had to catch it. There was no way he was going to have any peace of mind with a big, glowy bug of an unknown variety flying around his house. 

Still carrying the jar, Reuben grabbed a butterfly net that he had bought in case a bat got into the house. This bug was smaller than a bat, but not so small that it could slip through the holes, so he figured that it would still work. 

"Okay." Reuben sighed, and then began looking around the house in search of the bug. "Here, Mr. Bug." He called out as he peered around. "Just let me catch you, and then I can put you outside so that we can both go back to minding our own business." 

5/04/2015 7:31 am  #14

Karma darted around the corner and looking for somwhere to go, finding herself in what she thought was the living room. That's what they called it right? Either way, she zipped inside trying to find some cover. After a bunch of quick movements and scanning the place, she finally managed to squeeze herself behind a dusty old bookshelf, landing in the dark spaceto hide. Any sort of glow she had to hide, soon only her bright eyes being any sign she was there at all.

She took a breather after she landed, thoughts speeding as fast as her heartbeat. What was a human doing here? Why was he trying to catch her? She hadn't caused any harm yet... unless she counted that nasty fall as her doing. She was a jinx afterall. She stopped her thinking when she heard him try to coax her out, or more so a bug. He thought she was just a bug? Oh please. What bug could outfly her? "You wish." She scoffed to herself, staying still and qiuet in her dark little corner.

I'm probably listening to music at the moment, so scream really loud so I can hear you.

5/04/2015 10:42 am  #15

Reuben stopped in the middle of the room, his hands on his hips. Where had that bug gone? He knew that it flew in here. He frowned, beginning to peer around or under furniture. As the search went on, he got more and more frustrated. 

"Oh, come on!" He yelled in exasperation. "There is no way that I'm getting any sleep with an errant bug in the house!" 

Growling to himself, he leaned heavily on the bookshelf in a gesture of irritation. What he hadn't realized was, the bookshelf was old and rickity, not capable of withstanding the weight of a 6'4" man. Reuben yelped in shock as the whole thing toppled over with a crash, leaving the big man sprawled on the floor beside a pile of wrecked wood.  

5/04/2015 11:01 am  #16

When she heard the booming steps of the human enter the room, Karma completely froze in her hiding spot. She slowly peered around the corner of the boodshelf to watch the show as she searched like a madman, fighting back laughes and snickers. This was priceless! Her wings flapped and flicked with excitment, clearly enjoying her trickiness. She could barely keep in her laughter as he shouted, letting a little snake out of her. She could do this all night!

She flicked back to reality as he started to get close to the bookshelf, the fairy quickly backing out of sight. The next thing she knew, she started to hear creaking and groaning above her, looking up just in time to see the wood above her start crashing down! She yelped as she tried to jump up and fly off, needing to get out of the way. Unfortunately for her, she didn't make it in time as Karma felt herself get crushed by what was left of one of the shelves. It didn't kill her, luckily, but she was pinned against the ground and dazed. It looked like her bad luck curse was stirring up again. It was going to happen sooner of later.

Last edited by 113shoe (5/04/2015 11:06 am)

5/04/2015 12:58 pm  #17

"Ugh." Reuben sat up with a groan, reaching up to hold his head. He didn't have a concussion, but he was slightly disoriented from the fall. "Note to self. Don't lean on any more furniture." 

He was about to get to his feet, when he noticed something amongst the broken pieces of shelf. It looked like something glowing. The fall had completely knocked all thoughts of bugs out of his mind, so it was with curiosity, rather than annoyance, that he reached out to pull the piece of wood away. 

He actually dropped the piece of wood with a gasp when he saw what was underneath it. It was no bug. It was a woman, about three inches in height, with wings on her back. Okay, out of all the things he had expected to find in this house, fairies was one of them.   

5/04/2015 1:12 pm  #18

Karma was above shaken up after she was knocked down from the disaster, her head pounding as much as her heart was. As she started to get her thoughts back in place, she had totally forgotten what the heck she was doing here. It wasn't until she heard talking when her eyes snapped open in alertness. The human was right next to her... and she was trapped under here!

She tried to move and get out, but she was held down by the rumble. She couldn't feel her wings now, which was never a good sign. She couldn't get caught, she couldn''t get... that thoguht flew out of her head as she felt the wood get off her, she instantly looked up, violet eyes locking dead onto the human above her. Her wings completely flattened and her heart stopped, fear replacing her blood. This was bad. She was spotted. She quickly snapped out of it when he dropped the wood, resuming her actions and trying to get airborne again. Her wings were a blur as she beat them, but something was wrong... she wasn't getting off the ground. That made the fiary immediately start to panic, making a run for it and diving into the rest of the debris. She had to get out of sight before he did something.

5/04/2015 2:15 pm  #19

Reuben snapped out of his shock when the tiny woman made to dive back into the debris to hide. Without thinking, he reached forward and swept aside the debris, ignoring the splinters in his hand. In hindsight, this was not a smart move, because 1) he could have sliced his finger open with a rusty nail; and 2) it put the fairy at risk of injury. However, he wasn't really thinking, he was moving on impulse. 

5/04/2015 4:33 pm  #20

Karma didn't get far before the human pushed away all the wood out of the reach, nearly getting caught up in the wake. Luckily through she managed to duck down before she could get swept up, feeling the massive arm go over her. She quickly got her senses back up and ran away from him altogether. She kept trying to fly, but she just hit dead air. What was wrong with her wings?! Why weren't the working!? She would have checked them, but right now she had bigger problems, and he was trying to catch her.

Board footera